PRETTY IN PINK – ULTIMATE WEDDING STYLE INSPIRATION
It’s cliched I know but Valentine’s day always sees me busting out my pink or red lipsticks and shoes. Unlike other colours you can say a lot with pink and your chosen tone – hot pink is all about the party whilst blush pink is the ultimate soft and romantic statement. No wonder it’s a popular colour or accent shade for weddings. And as a stylist it’s great fun to work with.
You may have seen this shoot from on Pinterest, blogs, wedding magazines and adverts but I’ve never actually shared it here. The biggest and most creative shoot I’ve worked on to date and it still sets my heart racing.
Each and every one of the crack team of creatives bought their A game to Aynhoe Park that day, as we bonded amongst the ombre blooms, scattered sequins and sugary delights. So whether it’s a touch of vintage crockery or you pink up your pony there’s a dash of pink wedding style inspiration for every bride here.
Small ideas to steal…
– Don’t just go for white candles. If you can have candles at your venue an accent splash of colour here will transform a table setting.
– When it comes to wedding favors, although time consuming individually wrapping sweet treats will make guests feel all the more special.
– Don’t be afraid to rock a bold lipstick. Play with colour, that’s what a make up trial is for.
– Avoid matchy, matchy flowers. Variations in shades and types of blooms will have much more impact.
– The lettering on your stationery doesn’t have to be black.
Happy Valentine’s lovebirds.
Art Direction, Styling & Co-ordination: The Bijou Bride and Mr & Mrs Unique
Venue: Aynhoe Park
Photography: Jessica Withey Photography
Florist – Early hours
Balloons – Bubblegum Balloons
Dresses – Wilden Bride, Elizabeth Stuart, Graceland
Cake – Tattooed Bakers
Stationery – Hollyhock Lane
Tableware – The Vintage Hire
Sequinned tablecloths & Napkins – Table To Dine For
Marshmallow – London Marshmallow Company
Confetti Pops – Curious Fair
Hair – Jo from Lovehair
Make Up – Zoe Cornwell Make up
Cocktails – Salts of the Earth
Models: Lily Rain and Hannah L from Alpha Agency