FINDING THE PERFECT BRIDESMAID DRESS WITH LES TROIS SOEURS
Let’s face it, pleasing all your favourite girls and ultimately achieving your wedding vision is a tall order. Today I’ve asked the lovely ladies from top London bridal boutique Les Trois Soeurs to share their expertise with us when it comes to finding the perfect bridesmaid dress.
The first priority for wedding fashion is to find the right bridal gown. Odds are, you’ve been dreaming about your wedding dress since you were a child, so you owe it to yourself to make sure you’re ecstatic with what you wear! But after you’ve got your own gown – and some stunning accessories to match – it’s time to choose what the lovely ladies in your bridal party will walk down the aisle in! Here are 6 top tips from the bridesmaids’ team at Les Trois Soeurs that you should keep in mind whilst looking for that perfect bridesmaid style:
1. When are you getting married? As with your bridal gown, consider the season your wedding will take place in and what colours/styles/trends might work best. A strapless yellow dress would be sensational for a beach wedding, but perhaps not the best choice for an elegant winter affair.
2. Where are you getting your inspiration? Maybe you’ve done an inspiration board, or pinned all your favourite images on Pinterest. Maybe you have a scrapbook with cut-outs from all the best fashion magazines. Wherever you got your inspiration for the look and feel of your wedding dress, look in the same places to find ideas for the bridesmaid gowns so it all fits together.
3. What does the maid of honour think? She’s your closest friend/family member and the person you’re trusting to help make your day run smoothly. Why not consult her on the dress that she’ll have to be wearing too?
4. Have you left yourself enough time to order? Different companies have different policies, and don’t forget that your ladies will need alterations to get that perfect fit too. We recommend ordering at least 4-6 months in advance to avoid any stress.
5. What will make them feel beautiful? If you keep in mind that your bridesmaids want to look their best too, and try to find a dress (or multiple dress styles in the same great colour) that will highlight their features, you will be the best friend they ever had. Here are some quick tips for finding the right style to suit your ladies’ figures:
a. Full chested ladies: avoid high or plunging necklines – opt for sweetheart or V-neck instead
b. Curvy builds: column-shaped gowns are perfect for flattering curvy figures
c. Athletic builds: emphasise the waist she works so hard for with a gorgeous belt or detailing under the bust
d. Petite builds: go for clean lines that aren’t too busy or embellished
6. What do your bridesmaids think? It can be helpful to get ideas from your bridal party, but make sure that they all know from the beginning that this is your decision. You want all of them to be happy, but ultimately this is your day and your satisfaction with the look and feel is the most important!
Wise words and I’m sure you’ll all be rushing to create your bridesmaid themed Pinterest board. When you’re ready to choose your bridesmaid gowns, why not book an appointment to meet with one of the Les Trois Soeurs fashion experts at their elegant boutique in London? For further details on opening times, designers and lots more inspiration visit – Les Trois Soeurs