SUNDAY LOVES – FESTIVAL WEDDINGS
Ok so I didn’t get tickets for Glastonbury or in fact any of the other festivals this year so I shall have to live vicariously through you – make me jealous with your photos and tales. But to show that I’m not bitter I thought I’d share some of my favourite finds for any of you planning festival weddings.
1. The main problem with festival weddings is finding the right location – you need the great outdoors, space for campers and their tents. The cool chicks over at Festival Brides have answered your prayers, tracking down open spaces and quirky venues with just the right feel for festival inspired celebrations.
Check out their full list of venues and land hire for festival weddings here:
2. No festival would be complete with out a shed load of glow sticks whether to light up the dance floor or just the way to the loo. The perfect favour for your wedding guests.
3. Brides it is obligatory to wear something that sums up the bohemian festival vibe – native american indian feathered headdresses, oversized flower crowns and beaded headbands are all suitable.
I love these oversized fake flower and feather creations by Rouge Pony
4. Sadly there are some practicalities to consider, mainly toilets and it turns out there are some funky portable toilet options. Wood panelling, flower arrangements, framed pictures, bespoke music playlists – it’s all available to wow your guests.
Premier Luxury Loos have a fab selection:
5. Once you’ve got your plan in place, you need to think up an apt name for your festival wedding – wedfest, festival of love, big I Do. Go crazy and make sure your wedding invitations set the tone and excite your guests. Consider festival VIP inspired lanyards with your order of the day stated on the reverse. These funky ones were crafted by Dottie Creations:
Happy Sunday festival lovers